it looks like the month of september is the key month for the 2010 presidentiable elections:
- noynoy aquino will announce his 2010 election plans.
- it is the month when mar roxas withdrew his candidacy. mar is one of the major contenders.
- other presidentiables will firm up their plans within the month as well.
- the admin party says they will announce their candidate by the end of the month.
- noli de castro will announce his 2010 election plans on september 15.
- the admin party has given de castro 1 week to decide on his plans.
- loren legarda might give in to chiz escudero
Lakas-Kampi to De Castro: You have 1 week
By Christian V. Esguerra, Cynthia Balana
Philippine Daily Inquirer
First Posted 04:31:00 09/08/2009
MANILA, Philippines—Make up your mind.
Vice President Noli de Castro has exactly one week to decide whether to join the selection process for the administration party’s standard-bearer in next year’s presidential election.
Legarda giving way to Escudero, says solon
By Christine Avendaño, Gil C. Cabacungan Jr.
Philippine Daily Inquirer
First Posted 04:51:00 09/08/2009
MANILA, Philippines—A member of the Nationalist People’s Coalition (NPC) Monday said Sen. Loren Legarda was on the verge of giving way to Sen. Francis “Chiz” Escudero as the party’s standard-bearer in 2010.
Agusan del Sur Rep. Rodolfo Plaza told reporters that “Loren will give up her presidential ambition [in favor of] Chiz soon” based on ongoing talks between the camps of the two parties.
Pulse Asia august 2009 presidentiables survey – villar’s lead jump aggressively, overtakes de castro
some points on this new poll results:
the major candidates:
- villar catapults to top place, overtaking de castro with an impressive gain this polling period versus previous. he showed great strength with a significant increase of +11 pts from previous period. he continues to be very strong in leading across the board, in all geographic areas and among socio-eco classes. villar is way ahead versus other presidentiables except in mindanao and the E socio-eco class where he ties estrada on the lead.
- estrada moves up from 3rd to as he continue to show strength and is surprising to be now at second. his strengths are in mindanao and the E socio-eco class.
- de castro from lead drops to 3rd place but is within range from estrada who is in 2nd.
- escudero is a strong 4th. his strongholds are NCR and the ABC socio-eco class. this can be a problem as he also needs to reach and build appeal in areas outside NCR and the poor. he needs advertising.
the “other” candidates:
- the other candidates need to look at this data seriously and must start some very serious marketing and advertising efforts as soon as possible if they intend to be a contender in next year’s election.
- or decide to bow out of the presidential race in the coming weeks.
- binay is just an NCR candidate as he gets a double digit rating only in NCR while in the other areas weak single digit ratings.
- it is shocking that fernando is not making any dent at all even at NCR, his theoretical stronghold. for binay to rate better than fernando at the NCR shows just how weak fernando’s candidacy is.
- teodoro not even getting a vote in almost all areas and socio-eco classes inspite of heavy advertising says he is totally not a factor in this election. he needs to rethink strategy or bow out of the race.
- we are getting very close to that time when the “other” candidates will need a miracle to even have a fighting chance to win.
The survey fieldwork was conducted from July 28 to August 10, 2009 using face-to-face interviews. Among the major developments immediately prior to and during the conduct of the interviews for this survey were the prolonged hospitalization due to terminal illness and subsequent death of President Corazon Cojuangco Aquino; the last State of the Nation Address (SONA) of President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo and her latest visit to the United States (US); the unexplained growth in the President’s wealth since assuming the presidency in 2001; the increasing number of probable presidential candidates for the May 2010 elections; the controversies surrounding the selection of two new members of the Supreme Court and this year’s National Artist awardees; and the loss of lives and destruction of infrastructure caused by two powerful typhoons. On the economic front, inflation in July fell to a twenty-two year low.
August 25, 2009
the top rankings have not changed – escudero continue to lead at 23%, villar at 2nd with 16%, binay at 3rd with 14% and fernando at 4th with 13%. while the rankings may have not changed, the gaps have tightened and that is because of the increase in votes for the tail enders.
noteworthy is the big time surge for bro. eddie villanueva who after just 4 days of
being included in the poll now has 6% of the votes putting him at 6th place behind 5th placer roxas who has 7%.
this is the first time we have seen such a magnificent surge in the 2010 Presidentiables Poll. we did not see this kind of surge for newcomers like perlas, teodoro, panlilio nor madrigal.
the surge is obviously being fueled by villanueva supporters who are in the internet. they were probably just been waiting for us to include him in the poll. in fact, there have been complaints before questioning our decision not to include him in the poll. we said that he was not included because he has not declared his intention to run. in fact, we included villanueva in the polls on the day he announced he is a presidentiable.
there are just a few candidates who have a strong presence in the internet – these are villar, escudero, binay, fernando and now villanueva. we have seen the votes of these candidates surge at certain times when they start to ask their supporters who are also in the internet to go to this blog to vote.
we are particularly impressed with villanueva as this is the fastest, most massive surge we have seen in the 2010 Presidentiables Poll, congratulations to bro. eddie’s supporters.
vote in the polls and see the results here:
There are many alternative candidates for 2010. In fact it is the election wherein credible and worthy alternative candidates have finally emerged. Let us give them a chance to serve this country. Although I am not discredeting the other alternative presidentiables, it is just for me and based on credentials and accomplishments NICANOR “NICK” PERLAS is the most qualified among them… and can really make a difference for this country.