senators who voted to impeach renato corona:
- edgardo angara
- alan peter cayetabo
- pia cayetabo
- franklin drilon
- junggoy estrada
- chiz escudero
- tg guingona
- gringo honasan
- ping lacson
- lito lapid
- loren legarda
- serg osmena
- kiko pangilinan
- koko pimentel
- ralph recto
- bong revilla
- tito sotto
- antonio trillanes
- manny villar
- juan ponce enrile
we are counting just days before gloria macapagal arroyo leaves office and noynoy aquino takes over. here is a place where you can tell gloria what you feel and think as she leaves the presidency and as noynoy takes office.
click here: http://goodbyegloriahellonoynoy.wordpress.com/
there is a popular bulletin board for pinoys in the internet with a lot members very much involved in the may 2010 elections. in that bulletin board is a small Yellow Army who mounted efforts to help noynoy aquino win this election. they were a very small group, no more than 20 members compared to their “opponents” in that bulletin board who supported other presidentiables.
the bulletin board had very active and very noisy supporters of gilbert teodoro, manny villar and richard gordon. easily, the small band of yellow army was outnumbered at least 4 to 1. with each presidentiable opponent having at least 50 to 60 members, multiply that by 4 presidentiables and we have 200 to 240 individual posters outnumbering the no more than 20 members of the yellow army.
we have started in this blog a chronicle of the exploits of that small yellow army and how they were able to stand their ground and in the end win in their efforts.
here is one juicy part — with just a few days before election day, the small group of individuals decided to organize themselves. more on this later.
click to read more: http://wp.me/Pnw03-1gA
no, we have not forgotten kris aquino’s stament on national tv that she will leave the country should noynoy win the presidency. (read here, and post your commments : should kris aquino make good her promise to leave the country should noynoy win the election?)
noynoy is set to be proclained president very soon. have we changed our mind on kris aquino? we did ran a poll on kris here where we asked if kris is an asset or a liability to the aquino campaign, read here : is kris aquino a liability or an asset to the noynoy aquino campaign? .
for now, we want to ask you this one:
video where kris said she will leave the country if noynoy is elected:
read other posts:
- is kris aquino a liability or an asset to the noynoy aquino campaign? <— look at the poll results here
- gary olivar, malacanang spokesperson 5 thumbs down on kris aquino’s tears, will hurt teodoro
- the kris aquino drama – to leave The Buzz TV show?
- should noynoy aquino be happy or sad that he has kris aquino as a sister?
- for the sake of the philippines – ban annabelle rama from tv and the country!
first time that the country is conducting an automated election in its history. aside from that historic omoent, this election is also one of the most important in the country’s history.
you have gone to the polling places and casted your vote, now let us know how you feel, how the experience went and whatever your thoughts are.
tell us what you think, some leads for your to answer:
- areas of improvements
- what were the problem areas
- where were the problems
- what irritated you the most
- what went well
- what made you happy
- what are the good things
- what did you like the most
no question, noynoy aquino’s win in this election is a landslide win.
we thought manny villar showed class and character in being the first to concede the election to noynoy aquino, the presidentiable who has a commanding lead in the elections. aside from the action of conceding, we thought he gave an excellent concession speech with words of encouragement to the winner, mea culpa, personal touch and words of support and reconciliation with his opponents.
to us manny villar had his ratings go up.
4 presidential bets concede defeat
INQUIRER.net, Philippine Daily Inquirer
First Posted 11:12:00 05/11/2010
MANILA, Philippines—(UPDATE 2) A day after the election, four presidential candidates conceded to Senator Benigno “Noynoy” Aquino III, currently the frontrunner in the political race that saw over 40 million Filipinos vote electronically for the first time for their leaders in the national and local levels.
Senators Manuel Villar and Richard Gordon, former defense secretary Gilbert Teodoro, and JC de los Reyes of Kapatiran Party issued separate statements giving notice that they were dropping out of the contest and expressed their support for Aquino who was expected to be proclaimed the next president.
Villar and Gordon said that “the people have spoken” and congratulated Aquino on his impending victory.
“Nagpasya na ang mga mamamayang Pilipino. Malinaw na sa kabila ng ating pagpupunyagi, hindi tayo nabiyayayaan ng tagumpay sa halalan noong Lunes [The Filipino people have decided. It is clear that despite our efforts, we were not blessed to win in Monday’s elections],” Villar said, reading a prepared statement before members of the media in his headquarters at the Starmall in Mandaluyong early Tuesday.
yesterday, may 10, 2010, election day was the busiest day in the history of this blog , with 41,529 hits in a day.
this blog took in large numbers of readers from twitter, facebook, some pinoy bulletin boards and individual blogs. with new readers, we also saw a surge in the number of comments with new and old readers reacting to posts and exchanging comments with each other.
thank you for all the readers and the authors for making this possible.
on theory, richard gordon is a good candidate for the presidency. he is a known achiever with an excellent and highly impressive success credentials from his work at olangapo city, the rehabilitation of subic bay and his work as tourism secretary. he has no corruption or any other scandal baggage that pulls him down or that others can use against him. in fact none of that appeared during the election. or perhaps his opponents did not find the need to bother with gordon.
and that is where the problem of gordon’s candidacy lie – nobody wants to bother with him. it is in many ways the reason why he will lose this election.
gordon is a smart man. he speaks very well, he knows the issues and offers interesting solutions to problems he sees. but he has no audience for these things. very few listens to him.
why will gordon lose this election?
- he started late in the campaign. it felt like he did not tell anyone he was planning on running for the president in this election. this is an election that started very early, by the time he announced his candidacy, his competitors, villar, aquino and estrada in particular were already way ahead of him in getting the people to form a support based for themselves.
- gordon has no constituency. he is an elected senator but he may have lost that political base through the years and as how it is in politics, voters who voted for a candidate as a senator does not automatically translate to a vote when the same candidate runs for the presidency. the criteria changes and the thinking process applied by the voters is re-invented.
- gordon is very much a lone wolf. gordon may have a very loud howl compared to some of the presidentiables and the his peers at the senate but he does not belong to a pack. he operates too much on his own and that is an automatic weakness for someone who is running for president.
- gordon has an obnoxious personality. he sounds smart all the time but over and above that, he comes off as obnoxious and a real ass hole. that is a turn off among many voters across all demographics and most specially for the bulk of the voters, the CDE. a minimum requirement for this set of voters is a likable personality if not a charming one.
- he had very little funds for his advertising and other marketing and communication efforts. aside from the historical value of this election, this one will also go down in history as one of the most expensive. manny villar started his campaign and spending many centuries ago, way ahead of everyone else. not having funds is a definite killer in this election. we live in a world if mixed media and communication channels. funds is a prerequisite for success.
these are things that gordon should have realized as he was making his decision to run for president. too bad with all his smarts and eloquence he failed to see them.
this survey is now open. please let us know who you voted in this election.
also vote in the exit poll for vice-president here –> Now open – The 2010 Presidentiables Blog Exit Poll For Vice-President (who did you for vice president?)
Comelec website down, hotlines announced
MANILA, Philippines – Due to the unexpected number of hits on Election Day, the Commission on Elections (Comelec) website has become unavailable for voters and the general public, as of posting time.
“Unfortunately, there are too many people visiting the website now. Obviously, the service is not accessible as we want it to be,” Comelec Commissioner Gregorio Larrazabal said in an interview on ANC Monday morning.
“Traffic to visit the Comelec website was more than what we had anticipated. We doubled the bandwidth. Unfortunately, things happen so we’re taking remedial steps to still allow people to check on the precincts,” he added.
Larrazabal, chairman of the poll automation steering committee, announced that the precinct finder on the Comelec website will be taken out.
Those who want to find their precincts may call the information technology (IT) department of the Comelec. The hotlines are
The Comelec commissioner noted that the bandwidth of the poll body’s website was increased to 10 megabits per second (Mbps) from 5 Mbps.
As for the election results, Larrazabal said the Comelec will release the Uniform Resource Locator (URL) later in the day.