we came across an interesting website on twitter the other day (courtesy of @Simply_Clinton) – twitter audit (http://www.twitteraudit.com/). the website analyses a twitter account’s followers and determines what portion are “real” followers and what is “fake”.
we assume “real” followers are other twitter accounts with individual humans behind them that follow a twitter account. they are acquired over time who follows an account based on a match on interest, point of view, tweets that are simply interesting or where to get information from.
“fake” followers are bots (internet robots) who are added to the list of followers just to add numbers to the followers list. the thinking is that, the more followers have or the greater the number of followers, the more popular the twitter user/account is. we have all heard of a twitter following contest of some sort between the likes of justin bieber and lady gaga for example. that is the whole idea behind it.
we are guessing someone having a bigger number of followers will feel important or encourage others to follow the person.
apparently, there are internet services from whom you can buy twitter followers. social media practitioners apparently do this all the time for their clients. when you hire a social media practitioner, adding or padding your follower list is one of the things they do for you.
with this in mind, we ran some 2013 senatoriables twitter accounts to find out what is the ratio of “real” vs “fake” twitter followers they have on their accounts.
we do not know if these politicians actually “bought” followers and we are not even giving an opinion on it. maybe they are all “real” followers and that the twitteraudit.com is wrong or giving us bad data or they have a large number of twitter followers whose accounts have become dormant for a long time. these things happen. and we really do not know how accurate or reliable twitteraudit.com is.
take these with a grain salt, decide on your own what they mean.
for good measure, we also put here our own (@wawam) twitter audit and other politicians who are active on twitter. looking at the other audit results will give you a better gauge of what the data all mean for the rest.
the good news is that the country has two polling companies doing a great job of capturing the sentiments of voters – SWS (social weather station) and Pulse Asia. it also adds to it that they tend to conduct the polls at about the same time. with the respondent criteria about the same and survey timing very close to each other, comparing the two results is a very good thing to do.
surveys give the people a view, scientific and objective, of what others think about candidates and issues. it can help others shape or confirm their own views. in this complex world of ours, more information is always better.
for candidates and handlers of the candidates, it can be more than informational, it can be very instructive. they can use the results to re-shape, change directions or strengthen their winning strategies or fix and avoid their losing strategies.
but that is very much dependent on the skill sets of the candidates and their handlers on analyzing and understanding surveys. that is the first step.
the second and the more important step is formulating new strategies and plans based on the survey analysis and conclusions.
we are providing here a first step analysis of the survey results. there are a few more steps on analysis that needs to be done and more steps at formulating action steps in strategy change and plans formulation. but those are for another day.
in the meantime….
data sources: Pulse Asia & SWS
also read (click) :
an article on 2013 senatoriable jv ejercito caught our attention. (see below) the headline struck us like a baseball bat – it was a headline that had a contradiction in it. on one hand JV says he wants to be his own man but the lead in the headline identified him as “estrada’s son”. it’s either you are estrada’s son or you are yourself, an ejercito.
contradictions from senatoriable jv ejercito? we were not surprised. over at twitter (@wawam), we have talked about the many other contradictions from ejercito, including the name change that ejercito had done for himself.
the first paragraph in the PDI article plainly states what it also found as a contradiction:
He likes to be known as his father’s son, yet senatorial candidate Joseph Victor “JV” Ejercito also says he wants to be his own man.
there were many more contradictions found in the article :
ejercito is very much swimming in contradictions in that article that it almost made us dizzy. at first we thought maybe the dizziness was caused by a poorly written news article. that has happened before. but after reading the article at least three times, we thought the dizziness was not being caused by poor newspaper article writing, it was ejercito himself that was causing it with the contradictions he was dishing out in rapid succession.
this is bad news for ejercito from a marketing and advertising standpoint – an identity crisis is always not a good thing to have in winning election campaigns. before consumers or in this case voters make a choice, they need to first know who the candidate is. ejercito seem to be using two sets of names, estrada and ejercito in different occasions and media which may put voters confused and unable to pin down who exactly is ejercito.
this identity crisis on its own is bad news but pair that with swimming in contradictions and it can be well, drowning to death. ejercito is obviously unable to adequately explain or give a good reason for the change in name.
half of ejercito thinks the name change is a good thing while the other half thinks its a bad thing, hence he goes to one end to the other like a pendulum gone crazy. ejercito seems to have one of his foot step on the other in every explanation he gives. we find it strange that senatoriable ejercito gives both good and bad things in the change of his name in the same interview.
we think poor or weak brand identification is one of the key reasons why UNA senatoriables suffered dramatic losses in rank and rating in the last SWS senatoriables poll.
is jv ejercito following in the footsteps of UNA?
(note : jv ejercito is one of the top losers in rank and rating in the last SWS senatoriables poll)
(note : knowing PDI editors, we think the contradictory headline was intentionally written by them.)
read in full here : http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/371355/estradas-son-jv-wants-to-be-his-own-man
with 47% of voters not completing 12 senatoriables, dynasty candidates & re-electionists enter top 12
source : http://www.sws.org.ph/
based on this SWS 2013 Senatorables survey – 47% of voters cannot complete all 12 senatoriables while an equal number, 47% can complete all 12. (balance 6% are undecided or made invalid markings). on average, all voters will just be able to write down 9 names for the 12 senatoriable slots.
we think 47% unable to complete all 12 is a huge number. what that may are the following :
- there is not enough 12 “good men” among the 33 senatoriables running for office. most are unworthy of being elected
- not enough information about the candidates are reaching voters for them to complete the 12. this is just the start of the campaign period, let us hope this will change soon.
although still on the early stages of the campaign, at this point in time, these are the candidates who are benefiting from this situation and are getting better chances at getting elected :
- dynasty candidates – children, siblings or spouses of elected officials who are running for senator
- incumbent senators running for reelection
based on the survey, of the top 12, 6 are candidates for reelection – legarda, escudero, cayetano, pimentel, trillanes and zubiri. we consider zubiri for reelection since he did serve a term in the senate. a large number in the top 12 are dynasty candidates – villar, binay, ejercito aquino and angara. only 1 senatoriable, poe does not belong to any one of these groups.
the results of this survey would be so different if the 47% who did not complete the 12 spots would complete their list.
dynasty candidates are running on the basis of having the same family name as elected officials, that gives them a built-in advantage of being remembered more easily and have better chances of getting elected. not completing your list of 12 makes that advantage work for them for real.
completing the list of 12, say with names who are not re-electionists or dynasty candidates will have the effect of pushing down the dynasty candidates from the top 12.
the latest february 2013 SWS survey, on the 2013 senatoriables is characterized by dramatic drops and dramatic increases in rankings and/or ratings by some senatoriables. the dramatic drops are all on UNA senatoriables while the dramatic increases were on Team PNoy senatoriables.
this survey results are grim and bad news for many UNA senatoriables and for the whole party and great news for Team PNoy and specific senatoriables.
this is how bad it is for the UNA senatoriables :
- 9 out of the top 12 senatoriables belong to the admin PNoy coalition with the UNA opposition getting only 3
- 3 UNA senatoriables dropped out of the top 12 while 2 from Team PNoy barged into the top 12
- 6 out 12 Team PNoy senatoriables gained in rank (aquino, poe, villar, madrigal, trillanes and angara), 6 stayed the same (cayetano, escudero, hontiveros, legarda, magsaysay r, pimentel)
- 6 out of 9 UNA senatoriables declined in rank (honasan, ejercito, enrile, gordon, maceda, zubiri), only 2 gained (binay, magsaysay) while 1 stayed the same (cojuangco)
- 5 in 12 of the Team PNoy senatoriables gained in ratings (aquino, madrigal, poe, trillanes, villar), 4 stayed (angara, escudero, hontiveros, pimentel) while only 3 lost cayetano, legarda, magsaysay r). these three losses were minimal with 2 losing only 1 percentage point while the 3rd lost 2 percentage points
- on the other hand, 7 out of 9 senatoriables of UNA lost ratings (cojuangco, ejercito, enrile, gordon, honasan, maceda, zubiri), 1 the same (magsaysay m) and only 1 gained (binay).
- most of the dramatic loses in rankings and/or ratings were suffered by the UNA senatoriables – jv ejercito, migz zubiri, jack enrile, gringo honasan and ernie maceda
- consequently, most of the dramatic gains in ranking and ratings were gained by Team PNoy senatoriables – grace poe, bam aquino, jamby madrigal and cynthia villar
- no changes occurred for UNA bottom dweller mitos magsaysay, tingting cojuangco and ernie maceda
what can explain the dramatic loses by the UNA senatoriables?
we think its a brand positioning blunder by UNA. we read it first from statements from mitos magsaysay where she said UNA wanted “aquino to succeed” and that their role is to give “constructive criticism”. (read here: malacanang delivers THE BOMB on senatoriable mitos magsaysay)
a few days after that, jv ejercito basically said the same thing, plus the UNA spokesman. some of them even said UNA was not necessarily an opposition party. instead of saying they are an opposition party, they were saying things like they will be “fiscalizers”. why then would voters favor UNA when the president himself has his own set of senatoriables?
these were very confusing statements by the UNA senatoriables and the UNA party. people must have wondered if UNA was not the opposition party, what are they then? that can mean they are part of the administration. if they are part of the administration, why do they have competing senatoriables to that of the admin party?
this was a very basic and fundamental blunder by UNA. instead of differentiating themselves against Team PNoy, they were actually making themselves similar to their opponents. two of the key elements of brand building is uniqueness and differentiation versus competition. instead of achieving those, they were actually making themselves similar. the result is UNA’s brand positioning became invisible in the eyes of the voters. being invisible allows the voters to only see Team PNoy.
Team PNoy released their TV ads soon after. statements by jv ejercito and the UNA party in reaction to the TV ad did not help the party either and made it worst for them.
Ejercito explained where UNA stands when it comes to the Aquino administration. They support his platform of good governance but they want to keep the Senate as an independent institution to keep the administration in check.
“We admit that the President is very popular. We have supported the President on his thrust for good governance. But sometimes when you are too popular, you do not know anymore the pulse of the people,” he said.
ejercito’s words explain the problem UNA created for themselves. he did say the party supports aquino in his platform of good governance. aquino was elected by a landslide vote and continue to be the country’s most popular president on the basis of a good governance election promise and actions during his term. ejercito simply acknowledged aquino is doing well which we think to many voters would mean they should favor the senators aquino is supporting.
UNA was not defining themselves in the mind of the voters. what they were doing instead was propping up even more an already popular president and this president has his own list of senatoriables.
in marketing and advertising, you never talk about your competition, you talk about yourself and how good you are and what you can do that competition cannot. if you talk about competition, you do so only to show their weakness or failure. in this case UNA was not even mentioning any failure or weakness of aquino or Team PNoy. ejercito even praised the achievements and strengths of aquino.
UNA’s blunder is not just very bad brand positioning, we think its really a detrimental strategic blunder. we are guessing that they did research and found out that noynoy aquino is a very popular president and that noynoy aquino is the strongest endorser in philippine politics bar none.
UNA was unable to figure what they can do to counter this high popularity of noynoy aquino. we think their biggest error is thinking that since aquino is very popular, they should not go against him. and that thinking is very much like giving up on the election even before it started.
this kind of results in the surveys with the kind of competition and smarts or lack of smarts by UNA is not surprising. Team PNoy must be very pleased with the way UNA is handling their campaign.
Team PNoy takes the lead in latest SWS-BW poll
key points on the top 12:
- top three continue to be legarda, escudero and cayetano (alan peter) in that order. they have been the same top three in the three surveys conducted by SWS
- among the top 12, poe had the largest increase in ranking, by 10 places to rank #10 from rank #20 in the previous survey
- other biggest increases in rank are for enrile (jack) at +2, now #8 and honasan at +3, now #5
- cayetano and enrile have been running tv political ads and may be showing its impact in the rankings
- the largest decrease in ranking is with villar (cynthia) who dropped -4 places, now #8 from #4. it appears villar’s heavy tv advertising is not working for her.
- it’s interesting that villar’s first name is officially listed in the Comelec and we assume on the official ballot as “Cynthia Misis Hanepbuhay”. this will probably be villar’s positioning in her ad campaigns
- other biggest decreases in ranking are on binay (nancy), -3 places to now #12 from #9 and zubiri -2 places now #7
key points on the bottom 13 to 24:
- a major increase was gained by villanueva who now place at #23. he was not on the top 24 in the two previous surveys. this is the result of his announcing his candidacy.
- the following suffered in ranking – aquino, madrigal, maceda, magsaysay (mitos) and casino.
we would recommend the following:
- villar to fire her advertising agency and immediately change her advertising campaign. her ads even though aired very early and spent heavily is not working for her.
- it is still too early to tell. these rankings will still change and some could be dramatic changes as the real campaign starts.
- candidates should be doing heavy voter research now for the purpose of improving or airing new political ads.
president noynoy aquino makes history – net satisfaction rating beats all presidents since cory aquino
the SWS through businessworld released the latest presidential public satisfaction survey results, the Third Quarter 2012 Social Weather Report. the survey was conducted on august 24 to 27, 2012 which is period 9 of aquino’s presidency.
we did an analysis of the survey results and one of the headlines from the survey results which has not been mentioned in news reports is that president aquino’s period 9 rating compared to similar period 9 net satisfaction ratings of other presidents before him is the highest among all of them (chart below).
- cory aquino : +32% points
- fidel ramos : +49% points
- erap estrada : +19% points
- gloria macapagal arroyo : +28% points
- noynoy aquino : +67% points
comparing aquino’s latest net satisfaction rating to the same period 9 of the other presidents is the proper way to compare these ratings. comparing it to the same period of the administration of the presidents remove the “seasonality effect” of the ratings. removing that makes the ratings comparable and “of the same kind”.
satisfaction ratings of presidents normally drop the longer the presidents sits in office. this happens as people remove more and more of the honeymoon feeling with the new president and as the president performs his duties on a regular basis. it is normal to see more people getting disappointed as the people see that the president is unable to fulfill his election promises and as the president fumbles on day to day performance.
the chart above shows the cory, ramos and erap saw their net satisfaction ratings drop from the high at the start of their administration to period 9. only arroyo enjoyed a slight increase. it is interesting that aquino was able to beat the performance of his mother, cory who undoubtedly was one of the country’s most popular presidents.
to see president aquino’s ratings rise at this level and beating all the other presidents is a testament to the huge popularity of the sitting president among the people.
in a previous post in this blog (click to read : ABC socio eco class gives aquino satisfaction ratings rebound, hits highest level in his presidency) we also said that aquino’s latest satisfaction ratings got a boost from the rich or the ABC socio-eco class (chart below).
aquino getting a boost on his over-all net satisfaction rating because of the rich or the ABC socio-eco class is more significant as the lowest net satisfaction rating he got in the last period (period 8) was caused by the rich or the ABC socio-eco class abandoning aquino together with urban areas and ncr. (read blog post here: the rich from NCR & urban areas abandons aquino, grossly dissatisfied with president’s performance – SWS survey). the latest satisfaction rating of aquino marks the return of the rich or the ABC socio-eco class in supporting aquino.
carlo p arvisu
the rich or the ABC socio-eco class has come back big for president noynoy aquino – his over-all satisfaction rating went up on the exceptional ratings given by the them. satisfaction rating by the ABC jumped from 54% to 84%, dissatisfaction dropped to just 6% from 29% and consequently the net satisfaction rating increased to +78%.
the increases in the satisfaction ratings and decreases on the dissatisfaction ratings favored aquino across the board but it was the ABC socio eco class that gave the biggest movements.
Record rating for Aquino
BY NOEMI M. GONZALES, Reporter
PUBLIC SATISFACTION with President Benigno S.C. Aquino III has rebounded to the highest so far for his administration after falling to a personal low in May, the Social Weather Stations (SWS) said in a new report.
Mr. Aquino’s net satisfaction score rose 25 points to a “very good” +67 in an August poll from the “good” +42 three months earlier, with 77% of respondents saying they were satisfied with his performance, up from 63% in May. Those who said otherwise accounted for 10%, an improvement from the 21% previously.
The Aug. 24-27 survey, the results of which were made exclusive to BusinessWorld, showed Mr. Aquino’s best marks yet since he took office in mid-2010. His previous high was a “very good” +64 in November 2010.
His latest score compares to the personal bests of former presidents Gloria Macapagal Arroyo (+30, March 2004), Joseph Ejercito Estrada (+67, March 1999), Fidel V. Ramos (+69 , July 1993) and Corazon C. Aquino’s all-time high of +72 in October 1986.
The SWS classifies net satisfaction scores of +70 and above as excellent; +50 to +69, very good; +30 to +49, good; +10 to +29, moderate, +9 to -9, neutral; -10 to -29, poor; -30 to -49, bad; -50 to -69, very bad; -70 and below, execrable.
the rich from NCR & urban areas abandons aquino, grossly dissatisfied with president’s performance – SWS survey
president noynoy aquino’s net satisfaction hit rock bottom since he took office in the latest SWS presidential performance survey, going down to +42. while this is still on the “good” level as SWS categorizes it, the worry part is that it may be the start of a perilous dropping trend.
aquino is admittedly the country’s most popular president of the country when he won the election in a landslide and his net satisfaction ratings starting off at a very high level. the contrast of his net satisfaction rating reaching an all time low came as a shock to malacanang that it has taken the silly step of asking SWS to explain the drop.
the biggest contributor to aquino’s over-all net satisfaction rating is the rich or the ABC socio-eco class abandoning aquino. his net satisfaction ratings suffered a significant deterioration on all key indicators, with a total net satisfaction drop of 37% points to +25% net satisfied from +62% in the most recent May 2012 poll from the previous March 2012 poll.
this total net satisfaction was pulled down by a significant deterioration of +25% points. that is about a one third drop among the ABC socio-eco class. there was also a significant increase of ABC respondents dissatisfied with aquino with an increase of +13% points. almost a doubling from previous poll from 16% dissatisfied to now 29% dissatisfied.
another contributor to the drop in net satisfaction rating of aquino is NCR, where it also showed a dramatic deterioration of -34% points in net satisfaction, almost as large as the drop among the ABC, to only +18% from the previous period of +52%.
there was a significant deterioration in number of people from the NCR who were satisfied in aquino’s performance from +72% to +48% a drop of -24% points. consequently the number of people dissatisfied in the performance of aquino from the NCR increased from 20% to 30% , a huge increase of +10% points. that is a huge 50% increase.
in this poll period, those from the urban areas also showed a big drop in net satisfaction in the performance of aquino to +35% points from +45% points from previous polling period. this shows a high -10% points drop. the huge drop in net satisfaction among those living in urban areas was driven by a high drop in number of people who were satisfied with the performance of aquino with a -9% point decrease from previous period; to 59% from 68%. dissatisfaction ratings stayed about the same at 24% in this polling period from 23% of previous period.
in summary the group of pinoys most responsible for the drop in net satisfaction rating of president aquino are the rich who belong to the ABC soci-eco class who live in NCR and urban areas. it appears to us this group of pinoys have abandoned aquino.
this group of people are the educated and the more enlightened about national issues and problems. it is interesting to note that this kind of dramatic drops did not occur in the rest of luzon, visayas, mindanao and other socio-eco classes including rural areas. the period was marked with almost weekly news of price increases in oil and transport fares. these increases in prices may be added to the perception that the aquino administration has not been doing enough to help the economy.
satisfaction ratings do shift over time, and almost always they drop from its peak which usually is at the start when the president assumes office. gravity applies to these performance satisfaction ratings as they usually erode. people give the new president high ratings at the start as it comes from a just concluded election. as everyday problems and challenges of governance occur, people change their minds as they are able to gauge the president up close and over and beyond election promises which are almost always good things.
the upside for president aquino is that the drop that his net satisfaction ratings have suffered from the start of his office to period 8 of the polling time frame is not the worst among the four presidents before him.
aquino’s net satisfaction ratings drop is just the third worst with -18% points following erap who is on top with -47% points and followed second by arroyo at – 20% points. in this comparison, to us the most telling for aquino is the closeness to arroyo’s drop in net satisfaction ratings. to be compared to arroyo is perhaps the worst that anyone can do for aquino.
erap’s massive drop in net satisfaction ratings after 8 polling periods is understandable as he was involved in an impeachment trial during the time of the survey while the drop in arroyo’s net satisfaction may be attributed to mostly disappointment in performance as president.
it is difficult to find comfort in these numbers for aquino. it may be just a fluke or this can be the start of a real strong downtrend net satisfaction rating for him. while the president is still on the positive side, getting a negative as arroyo had gotten during the last years of her term would be very disappointing.
in many ways, it is understandable that malacanang is anxious about these poll results.
the economy has done well during the polling period in march 2012 as the government reported a very impressive +6.4% GDP growth rate for the first quarter of 2012, the second highest in asia next to china and one that surprised and exceeded expectations and forecasts.
add to that the stellar performance of the philippine stock market where it is the best performing in the world which has broken historic highs 20 times since january this year alone.
there is difficulty in reconciling how the rich who belong the ABC socio-eco class has abandoned aquino and whose ranks have shown dramatic shifts in satisfaction disfavoring the president when it is this group who invest in the stock market and who most likely benefited from the 6.4% GDP growth rate.
it makes you wonder what is it that has caused the rich to abandon aquino and give the president dramatic drops in satisfaction. if the rich are not benefiting from the GDP growth rate, who is? if it is not economic reasons that is disappointing them, what is it about aquino and his job performance then?
aquino during the election campaign has kept harping on how well he listens to the people. in fact he even carried that election campaign positioning through his administration via the no wang-wang policy and the often quoted “kayo ang boss ko” spin. now is the time to actually do what he says he is good at – it is time for him to listen and listen hard to the people and find out why the rich from NCR and urban areas have abandoned aquino and has given him the worst net satisfaction rating of his administration.
~~ carlo p arvisu ~~
Should CJ Corona resign? The respondents were asked to choose one of the following: (a) CJ Corona should resign as soon as possible; (b) CJ Corona should wait for the Senate decision and, if acquitted, then resign; (c) CJ Corona should leave office only if found guilty; or (d) they didn’t know enough about the case to have an opinion. To this item, a plurality of 49% say he should wait for acquittal first, followed by 30% saying he should resign as soon as possible, 18% saying he should leave only if found guilty, and 3.5% without an opinion. The only demographic deviations from this are pluralities in NCR (45%) and class ABC (45%) saying that he should resign as soon as possible
source : http://www.sws.org.ph/
first a disclaimer: we think this question in the SWS poll on the chief justice corona impeachment trial is a slightly unfair question. the question forces the respondents to make a choice on only one side – resignation of corona. it does not provide the respondents an opt out answer of corona not resigning and staying in his position. this question forces the respondent to just choose degrees which are all on one side.
however, we think this question reveals something about what the people think of corona and that is corona is damaged goods. in here,, 49% of the respondents think corona should resign even after he is found innocent of the charges and acquitted. this answer got the highest rating from the other 2 questions.
no love gained by arroyo, neck brace plus wheelchair – 82% of pinoys think she was treated fairly to too lenient by government
we were surprised at the results of the SWS survey poll on the treatment of former president arroyo at the airport when she attempted to flee the country to avoid facing charges.we knew the results will be in favor of the government and in disfavor towards arroyo but we were surprised that it would be this high.
arroyo had all the props that day – face mask, wheelchair and the famous neck brace but she was stopped at the airport on the basis of DOJ cheif leila de lima issuing a stop departure order on arroyo, defying the supreme court decision to impose a TRO on the hold departure order.
it is an amazing number – 69% of filipinos saying arroyo’s treatment was fair. this already astonishgly high number once added to the other number of 13% thinking the government was too lenient arroyo goes up to a total of 82% thinking arroyo was treated too lenient to just fair.
there is obviously no love gained by arroyo after she stepped down from the presidency. she has of course been getting very bad numbers when she was president, she is the only president who has gotten back to back quarters of “no trust”, “no performance satisfaction” for many years. but we thought being out of office would have given time for people to think kinder of arroyo and most specially the illness that was highly publicized and her “near death” predicament as announced by her lawyers would have gained arroyo some sympathy. that did not work
core to this no love gained situation arroyo is in is the people’s mistrust of arroyo or as the survey says “little trust” on arroyo – an astonishing 73%. this also surprised at, but like the other above, is the degree or its very high “no trust” rating that surprised us.
we guess what everyone else are saying about “trust” is clearly true in arroyo’s case – trust needs to be earned. the people have always had problems trusting arroyo even during her administration. her trust ratings or “no trust” ratings have always been dismal during her presidency.
come to think of it, aside from stepping down from the presidency, what has arroyo done to earn the trust of the people? nothing , really. faking her illness, the wheelchair and the famous neck brace are really very poor efforts at regaining the trust of the people. the people, despite the high priced st. lukes hospital digs saw through all of it and was unable to earn for her trust.
no love given, no trust earned. that’s a very sad love affair with the filipino people. specially on christmas.
Aquino administration maintains ‘good’ rating
FILIPINOS CONTINUE to hold a favorable view of the Aquino administration’s performance, with the Social Weather Stations (SWS) reporting a satisfaction rating well above those of previous governments and favorable scores in all but one issue.June’s “good” net rating of +45 (62% satisfied, 17% dissatisfied and 19% ambivalent), while down a point from March and substantially lower than the record “very good” +64 hit in September and November last year, is still higher than all other scores recorded since 1986, the SWS said.
1 Million hits and going...
- 1,210,892 hits
- fearless forecast : PHL netizens will fall in love with @nancybinay in the next 6 years! more in love with Sen Sotto? ... wawam tweeted 5 hours ago
- Duck! (photo at Palace Of Fine Arts, San Franciso, CA) pic.twitter.com/BOlhptuWsK http://t.co/gfSnlOcn0B ... wawam tweeted 5 hours ago
- “@ABSCBNNews: Netizens declare Ser Chief, Maya 'mag-on day' bit.ly/13EsNZL |via @ABSCBN_Showbiz” - what the?? ... wawam tweeted 5 hours ago
- @nancybinay says she does not know where to reply on SocMed - she does not know of the "send button"? flip.it/wSMqF ... wawam tweeted 5 hours ago
- @nancybinay wants to regulate cost of TV ad spots. ano daw sabeh? flip.it/wSMqF ... wawam tweeted 5 hours ago
- strike 1 on Binay, plans to do a Sen Sotto RT @nancybinay to take on social media, TV ads flip.it/wSMqF ... wawam tweeted 6 hours ago
- Binay can't take criticisms, will regulate Internet. RT @nancybinay to take on social media, TV ads flip.it/wSMqF ... wawam tweeted 6 hours ago
- Nancy Binay to take on social media, TV ads flip.it/wSMqF ... wawam tweeted 6 hours ago
- Major damage from mile-wide tornado near Okla. City usat.ly/12FRcQO via @USATODAY ... wawam tweeted 20 hours ago
- How to Get Lean: 25 Ways to Lose Fat Faster flip.it/BeXDo ... wawam tweeted 21 hours ago
- zubiri & enrile win in ARMM precincts with 100% turn out. zubiri again??? http://t.co/r0XQfDbJ… ... wawam tweeted 21 hours ago
- looking forward to getting enrile, estrada and sotto replaced as senate leaders. #gangsters ... wawam tweeted 1 day ago
Readers Speak Up
|kim on 2013 Senatoriables Poll now op…|
|Filipino on 2013 Senatoriables Poll now op…|
|lyn on 2013 Senatoriables SWS survey…|
|jovito mailim on Isang Tanong: GMA 7 Presidenti…|
|jovito mailim on Isang Tanong: GMA 7 Presidenti…|
|Alfredo Ocampo on senatoriable Cynthia Villar…|
|Alfredo Ocampo on senatoriable Cynthia Villar…|
|Victor F. Familaran on UP School Of Economics : Popul…|
|jose on 2013 Senatoriables SWS survey…|
|Prince Pineda on senatoriable Cynthia Villar…|
|head to head compari… on dramatic drops for UNA & d…|
|head to head compari… on dramatic gains for aquino…|
|cresente on reconcile eddie villanueva…|
|jv ejercito’s… on dramatic drops for UNA & d…|
|Ina-chan on senatoriable Cynthia Villar…|
Most Read Posts Today
- reconcile eddie villanueva's election loss and the failed prophecy of a win
- RH Bill No. 5043 Full Text
- RH Bill now RH Law, Republic Act No. 10354 - aquino signed the bill into law December 21, 2012
- UP School Of Economics : Population, Poverty, Politics and the Reproductive Health Bill
- ateneo de manila department of psychology's report on noynoy aquino's mental health
- Senator Miriam Defensor Santiago’s sponsorship speech (part 1) on the RH Bill – transcript
- Gloria Macapagal Arroyo - Reviews
- dramatic drops for UNA & dramatic increases for Team PNoy in february SWS sentatoriables survey
- Senator Miriam Defensor Santiago's sponsorship speech (part 1) on the RH Bill - transcript
- colonel ariel querubin goes home to love and family
- twitter followers of 2013 Senatoriables – how many are real, how many are fake?
- head to head comparison SWS vs Pulse Asia February 2013 Senatoriables Polls
- dramatic gains for aquino & poe, dramatic drops for trillanes, zubiri & enrile – pulse asia february 2013 senatoriables poll
- jv ejercito’s identity crisis, he is swimming in contradictions
- Messaging 101 – how to turn a message to a boomerang, the “Team Tatay” answer
comments & reactions
top rated posts, comments & sections
comments, suggestions & inquiries
Read Other Sections:
- First Report of the IIRC on the Rizal Park Hostage-taking Incident
- Noynoy Aquino Landslide Win
- Pope Benedict On Condom Use
- President Noynoy Aquino’s Campaign Promises
- The Noynoy Aquino Presidency
- Gloria Macapagal Arroyo – Reviews
- > 8 State of the Nation Addresses of Arroyo
- > 9 Years Of Arroyo: A Review – Cayetano Paderanga Jr.
- > Arroyo ‘has done little or none at all’ – PDI readers
- > Arroyo’s performance, trust ratings. It’s downhill after 2004 -Minerva Generalao, Kate V. Pedroso
- > At Supreme Court, she won some, lost big – Isagani Cruz
- > Budget unbalanced, injustice in tax policy – Cielito Habito
- > Business unhappy with Arroyo performance
- > Education: Plugging leaks, shortages – Juan Miguel Luz
- > Employment record: Good, bad and ugly – Tomas Africa
- > Environment suffered badly, say critics – philip tubeza
- > Gloria and her SONAs: Long on show, short on substance – PCIJ
- > Health: Good news with lots of buts… – Jaime Galvez Tan
- > Palace stinks with scandals – Eliza Victoria, Cyril Bonabente
- > Scandals without closure overshadow successes- juliet labog-javellana
- > Sona 2001 revisited, Performance against targets – Ibon Foundation
- > Full Transcript Of President Gloria Macapagal Arroyo’s SONA 2009
- No To Con-Ass HR 1109!
- Reproductive Health Bill 5043
- 160 Ateneo De Manila University Professors declare support for the RH Bill
- 33 more ateneo professors support rh bill, now 192 professors
- 63.9% of pinays risk unplanned pregnancy – FPS
- 8 REASONS WHY CATHOLICS SUPPORT RH by Sen. Miriam Defensor-Santiago
- A Jesuit Sociologist on RH Bill by John J. Carroll, S.J.
- ADB : Poverty In the Philippines – causes, constraints & opportunities
- amendments to House Bill 4244 – consolidated reproductive health bill
- ateneo president fr villarin ignores bishop, upholds independent thinking and appreciates ateneo professors efforts on rh bill
- ateneo upholding academic freedom : “The university has its own purposes which cannot be subordinated to other objectives”
- based on serious evidence, the RH Bill is pro-poor and authentically pro-life & pro-family – UP Economics Professors
- bishop wants pro rh bill Ateneo professors fired – hahahaha
- catholic bishops’ dirty words against RH Bill supporters – unchristian accusations
- CBCP answers fr joaquin bernas on rh bill via print ad at philippine daily inquirer
- consolidated reproductive health bill full text – House Bill RH 4244
- de la salle university professors support the rh bill – “rh bill is pro-life”
- fr. bernas answers bishop reyes & the CBCP : points out where the bishop erred on rh bill
- Fr. Joaquin Bernas on #rhbill : serves the welfare of the nation and especially of poor women who cannot afford the cost of medical service
- homily on Humanae Vitae by bishop lagdameo
- how anti RHBill proponents fail to reproduce logic, the senator miriam speech
- Humanae Vitae encyclical – basis for catholic church’s stand on birth control (read text)
- is representative manny pacquaio helping or hurting the cause of anti-RH Bill proponents?
- joint statement of ateneo and UP professors : Pass The RH Bill Now
- Philippines National Demographic and Health Survey 2008
- pulse asia survey : high 73% agree with RH Bill – october 2010 survey
- Senator Miriam Defensor Santiago’s sponsorship speech (part 1) on the RH Bill – transcript
- senator sotto’s legacy- sotto makes it to New York Times on the rh bill
- sotto on #rhbill is the laughing stock of social media, he victimized himself – patricia evangelista
- teaching of my church is to respect beliefs of other religions – Fr. Bernas SJ on the RH Bill
- the continuing saga of Sarah Pope, the blogger senator tito sotto plagiarized
- UN Study – birth control needed for PH to benefit from eco growth
- UP and Ateneo professors issues support on RH Bill
- UP School Of Economics : Population, Poverty, Politics and the Reproductive Health Bill
- wawam tweet on UST Varsitarian’s article attacking Ateneo & Las Salle professors stand on RH Bill shown on gma NewsTV
- why pinoys who are single or married need family planning in their relationship
- Catholics Can Support The RH Bill In Good Conscience – Ateneo Professors’ Position Paper RH Bill 5043
- RH Bill 5043 SWS Survey – 71% of catholics agree with the RH Bill
- RH Bill No. 5043 Full Text
- UP School Of Economics : Population, Poverty, Politics and the Reproductive Health Bill
- US Presidential Election
contribute to this blog, contact us
Topics Covered Here
- 2010 election results
- 2010 philippine presidential election
- 2010 Presidentiables Face-Off
- 2010 Presidentiables milestones
- 2010 Presidentiables Poll- vote here
- 2010 SWORDS
- 2013 elections
- 2013 Senatoriables
- ADS? Sindrome
- antonio trillanes
- aquino administration
- aquino to lose election
- ariel querubin
- automated election
- bayani fernando
- bayani fernando tv ads
- bishop lagdameo
- bro. eddie villanueva
- cardinal rosales
- catholic church
- cerge remonde
- cha-cha (charter change)
- chesley sullenberger
- chief justice puno
- Chief Justice Renato Corona impeachment
- chiz escudero
- chiz escudero tv ads
- cory aquino
- Cyber Crime Law
- ed panlilio
- eddie villanueva
- eddie villanueva ads
- EDSA people power revolution
- edu manzano
- edwin lacierda
- endorsement ads for consumer brands
- erap estrada
- erap estrada tv ads
- filipino voters
- fr. joaquin bernas sj
- francis pangilinan
- gilbert teodoro
- gilbert teodoro tv ads
- gloria macapagal arroyo
- GMA7 Isang Tanong
- governor ed panlilio
- Hermogenes Ebdane
- how to lose a philippine presidential election
- how to win philippine elections
- jaime cardinal sin
- jamby madrigal
- jc de los reyes
- jejomar binay
- juan ponce enrile
- kris aquino
- liza maza
- loren legarda
- loren legarda ads
- manila hostage
- Manny Pacquiao
- manny villar
- manny villar tv ads
- many villar website
- mar roxas
- mar roxas tv ads
- martial law
- memo to presidentiables
- Memo To:
- mike velarde
- mindscape landmark
- miriam santiago
- moral force
- negative campaign ads
- nene pimentel
- Nicanor Perlas
- noli de castro
- noynoy aquino
- noynoy aquino kahindik-hindik
- noynoy aquino palapakpakan
- noynoy aquino tv ads
- PDI Talk Of The Town
- philippine advertising
- philippine economy
- philippine education
- philippine elections
- philippine media
- philippine senate
- ping lacson
- platform of government
- political ads
- political tv ads
- politics in the philippines
- presidentiable polls
- presidentiables brand positioning
- presidentiables stand on issues
- presidentiables twitter acount
- presidential debates
- pulse asia
- Quick Read
- Randy David
- readers reactions
- reproductive health
- RH Bill 5043
- richard gordon
- richard gordon tv ads
- ronaldo puno
- satur ocampo
- social media
- surveys & polls
- The 2010 Presidentiables Blog
- The 2010 Presidentiables Victory Forum
- the presidency of noynoy aquino
- The Victory Forum
- the wawam blogs
- US politics
- why aquino will lose the election
- why gilbert teodoro will lose the election
- why manny villar will lose the election
- March 2013 (7)
- February 2013 (3)
- January 2013 (8)
- December 2012 (2)
- November 2012 (4)
- October 2012 (2)
- September 2012 (10)
- August 2012 (9)
- July 2012 (6)
- June 2012 (1)
- May 2012 (6)
- April 2012 (1)
- March 2012 (5)
- February 2012 (1)
- January 2012 (7)
- December 2011 (2)
- November 2011 (3)
- October 2011 (6)
- September 2011 (3)
- August 2011 (1)
- July 2011 (6)
- May 2011 (11)
- April 2011 (11)
- March 2011 (3)
- February 2011 (1)
- January 2011 (4)
- December 2010 (3)
- November 2010 (5)
- October 2010 (8)
- September 2010 (9)
- August 2010 (7)
- July 2010 (16)
- June 2010 (11)
- May 2010 (59)
- April 2010 (53)
- March 2010 (34)
- February 2010 (36)
- January 2010 (32)
- December 2009 (35)
- November 2009 (56)
- October 2009 (36)
- September 2009 (41)
- August 2009 (59)
- July 2009 (74)
- June 2009 (33)
- May 2009 (19)
- April 2009 (8)
- March 2009 (14)
- February 2009 (8)
- January 2009 (30)
- December 2008 (18)
- November 2008 (12)
latest posts by 2010 presidentiables contributors