october 2009 SWS and Pulse Asia presidentiables poll is a most crucial one so far
read latest SWS Presidentiable poll post here, click : september 2009 SWS presidentiable poll :noynoy aquino’s spectacular rise to front runner is magical
sws and pulse asia must be ready to go on fieldwork for their last quarter 2009 presidentiables poll survey. they will probably do the fieldwork end of next week or the week after. they have to wait for things to settle down first on the ondoy storm. people are too preoccupied and very much distracted by ondoy that i doubt they will get any meaningful results for the survey.
it is a most crucial presidentiables poll in the 2010 presidential election.
- very major developments have occured among the presidentiables – mar roxas withdrew, noynoy aquino announced he is a presidentiable and gilbert teodoro was declared ruling/admin party standard bearer. ed panlilio and jejomar binay withdrew while bayani fernando was dumped by his party.
- we can expect major changes in ratings if not rankings.
- there will be a lot to interpret with the upcoming results just on those developments.
- the addition of ondoy will also add significantly to it. we can expect that the people’s ondoy experience or what others have witnessed happening to others will affect preferences.
- this quarter’s poll results will be particularly important to aquino, teodoro and villar.
- aquino based on the luzon sws poll jumped to close to the heavens with a 50% rating. the 4qtr poll will need to confirm his strong standing. he does not need to top the polls but doing a double digit rating even on the low double digit will be excellent news for aquino.
- teodoro is at the bottom of the heap of poll garbage. he has a measly 0.2%. he needs to show he can be a factor in the election with at least a high single digit rating. just hitting a low single digit will confirm what most everybody seem to say about him – he is a non-factor in the next election.
- what can be going for teodoro is that because of ondoy and being the chair of the NDCC, he has been getting a significant amount of press. is that good or bad? will that help his rating and ranking in the next poll?
- this will be important for villar as this will show a true test of villar’s leadership in the polls. he is the front runner and we will know if he still deserves that title given the above developments.
- the poll will also be crucial to the laggards. the poll results will tell them if they need to re-assess their candidacy. the time to drop out of the race is in december at the latest.
polls are the words of the people. to some the words may be harsh but to a few they will be kind. it is crunch time for all the presidentiables.