the loren legarda saga that irritates and the pain of being ronnie puno
there are two (2) things that strike us in this news report on loren legarda:
- the melodramatic saga of legarda’s political life goes on. gasp! this really reads like a badly written telenovela not even the koreans and taiwanese can write.
- legarda says it is “agonizing” – ah alas she knows the torture she has been making us go through on her indeciveness. at least she knows it.
- she also knows the symptoms of her ADS? Sindrome – she says she will announce her plans withing 10 days, barring any severe weather disturbance. let us all pray no super typhoon comes our way and no new global financial crisis hits us, please! please! (good news is wall street just hit a new milestone and the US is officially out of the recession.)
here is the second thing that struck us, actually like a lightning bolt!
- gilbert teodoro, yes GILBERT TEODORO, is pursuing her as VP??!! WTF?!
- i thought LAKAS-KAMPI-CMD has chosen ronnie puno??? what has happened to that?
- this is not the first time we have heard that some people in the ruling/admin party is trying to get puno replaced as VP. very early on, members and top officials of the party floated governor vilma santos, and now loren legarda.
- what is wrong with puno? why is everyone trying to replace him?
come on now, let’s cut the BS on this melodrama. loren legarda will be VP partner of chiz escudero. that is pretty obvious to me. legarda is just milking this whole thing trying to get as much mileage from it.
what she does not realize is that, this drama makes her look very indecisive and wishy-washy, unfit for higher office. it is not endearing at all, it is irritating. she is not gaining any goodwill or political brownie points, all she is doing is playing up to the stereo type of women not being able to make up their minds.
Loren: Suitors down to Chiz, Manny, Gibo
By Michael Lim Ubac
Philippine Daily Inquirer
First Posted 05:07:00 10/16/2009
MANILA, Philippines — Two down, three still on her list.
Sen. Loren Legarda Thursday admitted that the list of presidential aspirants who were wooing her to be their No. 2 in the May 2010 polls had been shortened.
Legarda reiterated to reporters that “at least five” presidential hopefuls had asked her to be their running mate. “But entertaining them is another issue,” she said without naming names.
Later, however, Legarda told the Inquirer that the hopefuls still on her list were Senators Francis Escudero and Manuel Villar and Defense Secretary Gilbert Teodoro Jr.
Ousted President Joseph Estrada is no longer listed as he has already announced that Makati Mayor Jejomar Binay would be his No. 2.
Legarda said Sen. Richard Gordon, another presidential aspirant, had also pressed his suit, to no avail.
Legarda is actually “agonizing” over her political plans for 2010 following the sudden decision of Escudero, her party mate in the Nationalist People’s Coalition (NPC), to postpone announcing his presidential run in deference to the victims of massive floods and landslides.
But she made it clear at the weekly Kapihan sa Senado news forum Thursday that with or without Escudero, the guessing game would end late next week.
“Barring any severe weather disturbance and other climatic matters, I will make my formal announcement within 10 days,” she said, adding:
“I will give my formal decision on not only the position I will contest but also my progressive, patriotic and pro-environment platform.”