Isang Tanong: GMA 7 Presidential Forum
So who gave the best answer and who will you trust with your vote? Here’s the video capture of the first part of “Isang Tanong: The GMA News and Public Affairs Presidential Forum:
View the rest of the VIDEO HERE…
view individual videos from this show here: https://2010presidentiables.wordpress.com/category/gma7-isang-tanong/
thanks to shenbrood for posting this.
this is a good effort from GMA7 as it enables voters to compare the presidentiables.
i have problems with the way GMA7 did it:
- i find the game show format, feel and tone very unsettling. sure it makes it livelier but i think it cheapens the whole thing. one of these men will be the president of the country and topics are quite important to a whole country, i feel the game show format and feel as disrespectful of the position one of the men will eventually take.
- the questions asked were also on the cheap side. the questions were of the tabloid variety. they were asked only because they were controversial and placed the candidates in a tough and yes uncomfortable position but many of them have nothing to do with platform or real impact on the future of this country in terms the man who will occupy the presidency.
- mike enriquez was really a very bad choice to anchor the show. he was eay over the top. of course it matches the game show format and tone but i have already said i have problems with the concept.
now on the predientiables:
- i thought the presidentiables who came out the best were bayani, villanueva and villar.
- bayani was the best. he was confident, he answered the questions squarely and he gave very good answers. he may have come off as too stern, but he gave good answers.
- villanueva showed his experience on stage very well. he had control of his answers and he looked good on tv. his answer had form and direction and was very constructed.
- villar came out disarming. he parried the questions but it was not that obvious.
- the worst of the lot for me were perlas and de los reyes.
- perlas came out unsure with unnecessary words often said when he was searching for answers. you can see it in his eyes when he was unsure of his answer.
- de los reyes fumbled on his answers. he didn’t make sense most of the time and he seemed to know he performed badly. some of the things he said only had half a thought in them.
- all the others did just okay.
- aquino needs to slow down his answer. he had good answers but he was talking too fast that it was at times difficult to catch the point he was making.
- erap handled his answers well. but you knew he was giving us BS.
- teodoro came out well on tv. but his answers were not real answers. he even misunderstood the hero question. i’m wondering why he was so hang-up on the military.