majority floor leader boyet gonzales “threatens” rep. kimi cojuangco to “keep your mouth shut” on rhbill
we are posting here the screen caps of representative kimi cojuangco’s tweets this morning as they were tweeted and in sequence. rep. conjuangco is one of the leaders of the pro #rhbill at the house of representatives. we are posting here the exact screen caps at nothing added, nothing taken away. readers can make their own conclusions by reading them.
- MLF gonzales is aligned with president noynoy aquino and the president has given his support on the rhbill. in fact aquino has bravely taken flak from the catholic church for this support. at one point a bishop even threatened to “excommunicate” aquino for his stand. does this mean gonzales has broken away from aquino?
- gonzales seem to be playing some “let-me-fool-you-let-me-fool-everybody” political game where he is saying two different things to the people and media, to speaker of the house gonzales, congress, congressman edcel lagman (main proponent of the rh bill) and representative cojuangco. and the things gonzales is saying cannot be described as “honest”.
- gonzales “threatens” rep. cojuangco to “shut your mouth”. we were not there when these words were said but we should accept it as its recipient, cojuangco saw it as a “threat”. cojuangco is quite a lady, she has her own mind that she speaks out very well. threatening someone like cojuangco is really a very bad idea.
- which begs some questions – how many more “threats” have been given by gonzales and to how many more congressmen other than cojuangco? what will come next if cojuangco’s threats are not heeded? the majority floor leader at the HOR gets things done or undone through “threats”?
- where is rep gonzales on the rh bill? he appears to be against it based on this tweets and his “threats” to cojuangco. he is then going against the stand of the party that he belongs to, that of president aquino who is pro rh bill. has he declared his position to belmonte and the president? or did he “shut up” on that too?
- we have to admire congresswoman cojuangco for her tweets today. it may be a few days late (she said this happened some days ago) but revealing them today is good enough.
- she has the courage to go against the “boys club” (we hesitate to call it a “gentleman’s club” for its sleazy connotation and also, gonzales was no “gentleman” in this event. but then again, isn’t the HOR through this event is being very sleazy?) and spoke her mind and tell the twitter world what happened.
- it not only shows her courage, it shows her commitment to the cause of the rh bill and her strong and unwavering stand on principles and what is right.
- the rh bill we believe will benefit women, the poor, the pinoy family and the nation at large. cojuangco is standing up for those.
- courage as she is standing up against the majority floor leader who is also a seasoned politician and leader of the house.
- cojuangco will defend and uphold the principles she believes in and risk everything as a congresswoman. she knows the revelation can put her position in jeopardy but she is willing to put that on the table just so she defends what is right and what is principled.
the shame at the House Of Representative:
- deliberations and amendments on the rh bill has been going for a very long time at the HOR. the anti rh bill as succeeded in delaying the voting on the rh bill through these parliamentary tactics
- this is called filibustering and in many countries it is a shameful thing to do. but in the philippine congress (and senate) this has been going on unabated.
- aside from the filibustering, many sessions and/or actions on bills which includes the rh bill have not been done for a lack of quorum.
- this lack of quorum and filibustering is a clear failure of the HOR leadership and that falls on speaker of the house sonny belmonte and majority floor leader gonzales. it is obviously a failure of leadership and a great disservice to the electorate and the country.
follow congresswoman kimi cojuangco : @kimicojuangco
follow wawam at @wawam