Archive

Posts Tagged ‘Francisco Duque’

gloria macapagal arroyo charged with plunder, stole funds from OFW to election campaign

April 26, 2011 1 comment

we have heard this before –  Philhealth cards were distributed  hundreds of thousands of people for the purpose of securing an election win for arroyo during her prediential election fight with fernando poe jr.  this issue has been hanging in the air for many years. it is not the only corruption scandal tattooed on the legacy of arroyo, but it is one of the more brazen.

we have also heard it before , the people waiting for charges of plunder to be filed in a philippine court against arroyo.  legtal eagle frank chavez is the man who has finally done what many have been waiting for.

we will not lose sleep over this court case. what we will lose sleep on is on getting updates and the latest on this case.

will the truth set arroyo free or to jail?

Arroyo’s plunder raps based on her notes

‘Charge to OWWA,’ Arroyo ordered; P550M misused

By Nikko Dizon
Philippine Daily Inquirer
First Posted 01:33:00 04/27/2011

MANILA, Philippines—For allegedly dipping her fingers into a cookie jar reserved for overseas Filipino workers, former President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo so disgusted at least three Malacañang insiders that they helped put together plunder charges that she is now facing.

Former Solicitor General Frank Chavez Tuesday filed a 23-page complaint claiming that Arroyo, now a Pampanga representative, misused more than P550 million from the Overseas Workers’ Welfare Administration (OWWA) from March 2003 to February 2004.

“This was all very well-orchestrated because in all the recommendations made by the respondents, there was always the handwritten notation made by Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo ‘OK, charge to OWWA funds.’ But the OWWA funds are funds held in trust by the government and they cannot dip their fingers into the cookie jar that exclusively belongs to the overseas Filipino workers,” Chavez told reporters.

Chavez said three mid-level officials photocopied the documents for him, which was why all these he had submitted as bases for his plunder complaint bear Malacañang bar codes.

Chavez’s sources said they pitied the OFWs whose funds were being misused. He said this was in February 2004 before the presidential elections.

He said the original documents could be ordered produced in court and his sources, some of whom remained in government, need not come out in the open. The justice department can verify the documents’ authenticity through the bar codes.

“They are kind-hearted, highly conscienticized Filipinos who could no longer stomach the quagmire of corruption spewed by Malacañang,” he said.

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/inquirerheadlines/nation/view/20110427-333167/Arroyos-plunder-raps-based-on-her-notes

10 gov’t men spent P218M for ‘info ads’ – “shoot on sight” says senator defensor-santiago

August 25, 2009 2 comments

Ten government officials spent a whopping P218 million in public funds since last year for “infomercials” that they starred in and which Sen. Miriam Defensor-Santiago insisted was nothing but

senator miriam defensor-santiago

senator miriam defensor-santiago

 premature campaigning for the 2010 elections.

In a privilege speech at the Senate, Santiago called these government officials “rhinoceros” for their “greed for and abuse of public funds.”

The rhinoceros, she said, is a “powerful, herbivarous, thick-skinned perissodactyl mammal with two horns” that had become a “template for Cabinet members and other executive officials who use public funds, or gifts from so-called friends to campaign for next year’s elections.”

“They are all thick-skinned and should be shot on sight,” Santiago said.

She identified the spenders as Augusto Syjuco, chair of the Technical Education Skills Development Authority (TESDA); Makati Mayor Jejomar Binay; Vice President Noli de Castro; Philippine Amusement and Gaming Corp. chair Efraim Genuino; and Health Secretary Francisco Duque.

Also on Santiago’s list were Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) Chair Bayani Fernando, Education Secretary Jesli Lapuz, Public Works Secretary Hermogenes Ebdane, Agrarian Reform Secretary Nasser Pangandaman, and Interior Secretary Ronaldo Puno.

Santiago also mentioned Defense Secretary Gilbert Teodoro Jr., who came out with infomercials (informative commercials) “paid for by friends” but which, she stressed, constituted indirect bribery.

Quoting a report submitted to her by the Commission on Audit (COA), Santiago said that the Cabinet members spent P117.7 million in infomercials for 2008-2009 and P100.4 million for this year alone, or a grand total of P218 million.

For 2008-2009, this was how they spent for infomercials:

  • Syjuco (P28.3 million), Binay (P23.4 million)
  •  De Castro (P18.1 million
  •  Genuino (P14.1 million)
  • Duque (P13.2 million)
  • Fernando (P7.4 million)
  • Lapuz (P5.7 million)
  • Ebdane (P3.8 million)
  • Pangandaman (P2.4 million)
  •  Puno (P900,000).

For this year alone, the top three spenders were

  • Binay (P23.4 million)
  • Syjuco (P22.5 million)
  • De Castro (P18.1 million).

Quoting a report submitted to her by the Commission on Audit (COA), Santiago said that the Cabinet members spent P117.7 million in infomercials for 2008-2009 and P100.4 million for this year alone, or a grand total of P218 million.

source: http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/inquirerheadlines/nation/view/20090825-221889/10-govt-men-spent-P218M-for-info-ads

%d bloggers like this: