Presidentiable Loren Legarda – the hardworking public servant
“Presidentiable” Loren Legarda should be elected because she’s a very hardworking public servant.
She ran as a senator in 1998 and won by over 15 million votes. As a elected official, she sponsored a law, “The Ecological Solid Waste Management Act”. In 2001, she helped released Major Noel Buan in Mansalay, Oriental Mindoro by his NPA Captors. She also became the first Women Majority Leader in that same year. In 2002, through Loren’s help Broadcast Journalist Arlyn Dela Cruz was released. In 2003, she ran as VP against Noli De Castro and lost. However, a year later.. She filed for an electoral protest for irregularities and fraud. Even she didn’t have political position after her lost to VP De Castro, she still continued to serve our country. In 2004, she was awarded for the environment in India. In 2005, she represented our country in the Benjing Conference on the environment. In 2007, she ran again as a senator and won with 18 million votes. As the chairman of the Senate Committee on Economic Affairs, she joined the 117th Inter Parliamentary Union Assembly in Geneva, Switzerland. In 2008, wtith Senator Loren Legarda’s agenda; Republic Act No. 9178 (Magna Carta For Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprises) was signed into law. In 2008, she helped released ABS-CBN News-anchor, Ces Drilon. Senator Loren Legarda was appointed as the Asia Pacific Reduction by UNISDR for advocating and advancing disaster risk reduction. As of 2009, she authored183 Senate Bills. Her latest Bill was filed on 5/28/2009 about the “Board of Claims for victim for unjust imprisonment or detention”.
Topic Related to the 2010 Election.
1.On the Presidency: Good governance (transparency and accountability), social-economic improvement, protection to the environment and cultural renaissance.
2. What will her first and second step as president? give food to the people, help our farmers and fisherman through Agriculture. How can she increase Agricultural? By giving farmers, farm inputs.
3. Unemployment rate and migration of Filipino workers. For migrant workers, we need to provide them with safety nets because of separation to families. Brief overview for our OFW so they know the background of that country they want to go. Unemployment rate, as a Senate Chairman of Economic Affairs for two terms; the government need to implement the law “Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises Law” it covers millions pesos, interest free, lend money to small/medium business for rural development.
4. Education: support 44,000 schools, correct misspelled books, hiring and training teacher, and scholarships to the youth.
5. Important quality of supreme court justice: Character (unquestionable integrity and work ethic)
6. Reproductive Health Bill: Against abortion but favor for inform choice for our women either rich or poor. Women should have choice to their body.
7. Allocation of funds: Agriculture, Education, and Health services.