there is something happening within the LAKAS-KAMPI-CMD political party to which gilbert teodoro belongs to – we are reading noise in the newspapers about several officials of the party openly talking to the press about their discontent and worries on the candidacy of gilbert teodoro. they all seem to be in agreement that teodoro is doing very poorly in this election, that there are things he is doing that is not helping his candidacy and the unsaid words that teodoro is set to lose the 2010 presidential election.
first was senator zubiri’s pronouncement that the opposition is poised to win the 2010 election because teodoro’s campaign never really took off. he also said this:
“People want change. That is the effect of nine years (in power). That is understandable,” he said in Filipino.
that sounds very much like saying the people are very much tired of president arroyo’s administration and the people can’t wait for her to step down for the new president to take over. it also means teodoro is very much associated with arroyo that the people see the prospect of teodoro being president as just a continuation of arroyo’s presidency.
that says the executive committee recognize that teodoro’s campaign is suffering now, unable to get itself out of the bottom in the polls. they are worried of a downward spiral and the emergency meeting is meant to arrest this decline.
just recently, another officer of teodoro’s party has talked to the press also saying teodoro’s advertising campaign, the airplane campaign has failed and is to blame for teodoro’s inability to bring his ratings up from the grave. this officer is LAKAS-KAMPI-CMD vice president prospero pichay.
we find that amusing. pichay ran for senator in the last senatorial election and based on media data, he was the top spender in advertising during that election. as we all know now, pichay lost that election.
we find it ironic that this man who spent the most ad money in the last election but failed to win is making such a comment on teodoro’s tv advertising. it is obvious that not being elected despite being the highest spender in that election means pichay lost the election due to bad advertising. did pichay use his advertising smarts that he ddisplayed in the last election to asssess teodoro’s ad campaign?
we are shocked that these supposed officials of the party are even talking to the press about their misgivings and teodoro’s failures as a presidential candidate. for the sake of teodoro, will they not be better off not talking to the press about these things, keep them hush-hush, hold the meeting and change things. the key there is not talk to the press.
telling these things to the press can be very demoralizing for teodoro’s few supporters to read. we are ssaying they are few based on the poll results where he got at best 5%. teodoro’s supporters already know their candidate is doing poorly in the polls but to read it in the newspapers as said by party officials is a real killer.
we also wonder if the cracks are showing within the ruling party. this is not the first time it has happened. this already happened from the very beginning of the party’s so called process in selecting their standard bearer.
during that time we heard a lot of officers and members of the party openly criticizing party officials for taking a long time to name their standard bearer. there were also loud talks on who they want the party to select as standard bearer and teodoro’s name was not being mentioned during that time.
with all of these happening to gilbert teodoro’s party, we ask the question – with friends and partymates like these, who needs friends and political opponents?
~~this is next in The 2010 Presidentiables Blog~~
–this is next in The 2010 Presidentiables Blog–
perhaps to have manny villar and noynoy aquino’s trust ratings to be high and dominant is not surprising, they are after all the front runners in the 2010 election. we do not think one can be a front runner in the presidentiables poll if your trust ratings are low. there is no surprise in villar and aquino’s ratings.
what is surprising is when you look down at the other presidentiables.
erap estrada’s trust ratings are as low as gilbert teodoro’s and estrada’s trust ratings are as high as teodoro’s.
- estrada trust rating at 33% vs teodoro’s distrust rating at 32%
- estrada’s distrust rating at 37% vs teodoro’s distrust rating at 31% (there is significant difference here)
we are surprised by it as we did not think estrada and teodoro would be seen by the respondents as anything similar to each other. erap estrada may have a string of nationally elected position like the presidency to his name but he is a convicted criminal, the crime of plunder whose liberty was made possible only through a presidential pardon by president arroyo. Teodoro may not have had a nationally elected position to his name and may not be as well known as estrada, he is very much a clean politician versus estrada. we thought they were black and white in character and credentials, getting the same kind of ratings on trust and distrust is very surprising.
now we wonder that perhaps teodoro’s low trust and high distrust rating that is practically the same as the convicted criminal estrada may be due to his close association with president arroyo. arroyo’s trust and distrust ratings are also disastrously embarrassing with a measly 11% trust and a huge 68% of distrust. we did not expect that arroyo’s kiss of death on teodoro will go this far.
comparing the frontrunner’s trust and distrust ratings to those of estrada and specially teodoro is another matter of strong interest for us.
aquino and villar’s trust ratings are double in size compared to teodoro’s and estrada while the front runner’s distrust ratings are almost only 1/3 of teodoro’s and estrada’s. this may indicate the front runners are way ahead in this election and the laggard’s group has a lot of catching up to do.
gilbert teodoro interview on ondoy & pepeng floods shows teodoro’s incompetence and mismanagement of NDCC and government response to the floods
with thanks to dodon who posted this video here: https://2010presidentiables.wordpress.com/2010/02/13/presidentiables-as-of-mid-november-2008/gilbert-teodoro-2/#comment-6798
- interviewer says the NDCC and the government has gone under criticism on its handling during and after the storms. teodoro answers they have done well given the resources the government had.
- asked about the 12 rubber boats, 8 ambulances and 2 helicopters which were nowhere near enough
- teodoro admits they are not enough but says its a question of who should provide them. he shifts the blame now on the local government, the national government, and which agency and no blame on the NDCC
- teodoro says it is only the armed forces of the philippines that was directly under him
- in separate news, we read that teodoro’s staff had recommended for the purchase of more rubber boats but teodoro delayed the purchase for budget and procurement process reasons. if the NDCC was not responsible for the purchase of rubber boats, why did his staff recommend that they buy them and why did he delay the purchase? teodoro has been caught in a lie.
- interviewer says – “you are blaming other government agencies” and says as a senior government official, he is passing the blame to others
- the country get 19 to 20 storms, why is this government not prepared for such disasters?
- you are skirting the issue. you have been getting storms for a hundred years, why are you not prepared for them?
- teodoro answers – systems cost money. in other words teodoro is saying they know there will be damage and will cost lives but since we do not have money, the people just need to bear and grin it.
- what then is the role of NDCC which teodoro headed? isn’t its mandate to prepare the people for disasters? since we are unprepared, it means the NDCC has failed in its mandate.
- the current set up has not worked. teodoro agrees to that, so the NDCC has failed in its mandate
this is part 1: