senator legarda clearly has the dreaded Ano Daw Sabi? Sindrome. it’s an affliction of those who say things that leaves you wondering what is being said and that is even after you re-read the thing 2 dozen more times. read more about ADS? Sindrome here : http://the-wawam-file.blogspot.com/2008/08/wawam-launches-ano-daw-sabi-ads.html
this is very surprising since loren legarda used to work for abs cbn as one of the main anchors of their top rating news program. she is a reporter, for crying out loud and reporters are supposed to be good in communicating.
here are the top 7 reasons why loren legarda has ADS? Sindrome (in no particular order):
- “Saying that politics must be set aside because of the global financial crisis” – from the news article. what is the magic, what is the point and what does it actually do in postponing the “formal” announcement of her candidacy for the presidency? how will it contribute to solving the country’s problems? is the senator thinking she holds the key to solving the country’s problem? or if she formally announces her candidacy, things will go worst, like the country will crumble? since she announced she wont announce, is the philippines in a better shape?
- “Legarda said she would announce her plans months before the deadline for the filing of candidacy, which would be in February 2010.” – from the news article. what if months before the february 2010 deadline when she will formally announce her candidacy, the global financial crisis is still there, will she once again postpone? and if she announces her candidacy just the same, that makes her a traitor to her cause. that makes her a hypocrite. and that also means she will just shoot herself in the foot.
- “There is a time to be ambitious. This is a time to let go and to truly serve the people,” Legarda said. – from the news article. The candidates who has annnounced their canndidacy are not truly serving the people? is that what she is saying? so when she was going around town telling everyone she is ready to lead, those times are times she is not serving the people.
- “I call on our public leaders today to set aside their narrow ambitions, the disease of presidentialitis, the quest for self-glory and self-gratification so that, with God’s help, we can work to overcome the current crisis,” said Legarda. – from the news article. she will eventually announce her candidacy, so that means she will be guilty of the same thing when she does so. also, it is unlikely the global financial crisis will be solved by february 2010.
- it is our view that the best time to serve the people is now during this time that the global financial crisis is on-going. and the best way to serve the people is propose plans of action to lessen if not stop the ill-effects of the crisis. now is the time when we need new ideas that will work. now is the time when we need new leaders to emerge. at the moment, we have the most need for ideas and these presidentiables ought to give us their ideas now to help the country. if any of the presidentiables are able to convince us that theirs is the best idea, he/she is able to convince the administration to implement it and it works, then that presidentiable will be next president of the country and the whole nation will be thankful. now is the time for the presidentiables to show us what they are made of. the country needs them now, more than ever.
- towards the last part of the article, legarda talks about the loren-chiz tandem, her competitors noli de castro and manny villar. she even cites survey results. aren’t those statements politicking? i thought she just said politicking should not be done? but she just did it during the interview itself!
- and finally, exactly what good will it do to her that loren legarda has announced she will postpone the formal announcement of her candidacy? what does she think she stands to gain? did she think the people will love her more for it? and exactly what will she do different now that she has postponed the announcement versus if she actually announced it? will she behave differently? how? will she hide? not grant interviews? not go to the press?
Ano Daw Sabi ni loren legarda???
we are printing in full here the news article on legarda “defering the formal announcement of her candidacy for president”. we are doing so because we are confused and will need some time to fully understand exactly what legarda meant and exactly why it’s good for her or the country.
there is this thing called ADS? Sindrome(Ano Daw Sabi Sindrome) in WAWAM! and this one fits perfectly into it. please read aboutt ADS? Sindrome here: http://the-wawam-file.blogspot.com/2008/08/wawam-launches-ano-daw-sabi-ads.html. there are also examples of ADS? Sindrome there.
Legarda defers announcement of 2010 bid
MANILA, Philippines – (UPDATE) Senator Loren Legarda has “postponed” her plan to formally announce her presidential bid in the 2010 elections.
Saying that politics must be set aside because of the global financial crisis, Legarda said she would announce her plans months before the deadline for the filing of candidacy, which would be in February 2010.
“There is a time to be ambitious. This is a time to let go and to truly serve the people,” Legarda said in a speech delivered before the media on her 49th birthday.
Legarda also urged other presidential aspirants to stop politicking to help resolve the crisis that had resulted in massive unemployment.
“I call on our public leaders today to set aside their narrow ambitions, the disease of presidentialitis, the quest for self-glory and self-gratification so that, with God’s help, we can work to overcome the current crisis,” said Legarda.
Legarda however implied that she was postponing only the announcement and not her plan to become the “captain of the ship.”
“Ako ay handa na maglingkod bilang pangulo ng ating matagal nang naghihirap na sambayanan. Ngunit para mamulitika ngayon ay hindi patas at hindi tama para sa mga taong nawawalan ng trabaho [I am ready to serve as President of our long-suffering nation. But to engage in politics now is not fair and not right for those who have lost their jobs],” said Legarda.
She said she was not discounting the possibility of a Legarda-Escudero tandem, especially since surveys have shown that this was a favorable team-up.
“Eventually we will be together and let the numbers speak. The Loren-Chiz is a runaway 40 percent tandem,” said Legarda.
However, when asked if Legarda saw Vice President Noli De Castro a strong opponent in the 2010 polls, she said she was not threatened at all.
As for Senator Manuel Villar, who is also being groomed to run for the top post, Loren said: “Magbasa ka ng numero at numero ang magpapakita kung sino ang gigiba kanino [You read the numbers and the numbers will tell you who will beat who].”
we just found out that senator chiz escudero is a presidentiable as seen on tonight’s tv news report.
apparently, escudero and legarda are the two contending presidentiables of their politcal party.
sullenberger is not the ordinary hero. it wasn’t only bravery and strength that made him a hero, it is much more of competence.
He said: “Circumstance determined that it was this experienced crew that was scheduled to fly that particular flight on that particular day.
“But I know I can speak for the entire crew when I tell you we were simply doing the job we were trained to do.”
someone had sent us the link for mar roxas’ “murang gamot” (cheap medicine) tvc we mentioned in this blog. no, it’s not his “pagmumura sa rally” (cursing at the rally) video that we were given but his commercial.
there is no question – the cost of medicine in this country is just too expensive. we think the cost on its own is just too high and what makes the situation worse is that around 92% of the country’ population belong to the poor, those belonging to the DE and soci-eco class. high cost of medicine and very low to no wages is a deadly combination, and that is literal.
that is not the problem in this ad. in fact high cost of medicine is to many of the people a real economic problem. the problem is on why air this ad now.
the most recent history on mar roxas is his “putang ina” magic words at the rally. add to that his privilege speech at the senate floor saying he will not apologize for it.
the correct tactical ad would have been an ad to soften mar roxas’ brand image to remove the sting of the “putang ina” incident. they should have worked on making amends to the public in an indirect way by portraying roxas as a kind hearted and decent man, not the kanto-boy (hoodlum) image that sprang up with his “putang ina” words.
the executional error that we see in this ad is the brand character he has taken in this ad. they have made mar roxas appear as too strong, combative and even angry, images that contribute to the kanto-boy image that came up in that rally.
look at his facial expression in this ad – mar roxas had his forehead showing anger lines and he had two of his hands clenched, like in a boxing/fighting stance. the directorial intent in this kind of stance is to show that mar roxas is in for a fight against the high cost of medicine. but that also means the “putang ina” words he said during the rally fits exactly right into that fighting stance. the “putang ina” words is a match to the imagery he showed in this tv spot.
our view is that roxas needs to do a fix on his “putang ina” image. he does not have to apologize for it, but he needs to build another image that negates or “corrects” what has been done. we can be wrong about that being an issue among voters but if i was with the roxas team, i would immediately conduct consumer research to find out if his “putang ina” words made an impact on roxas’ brand image.
however, even if it did not, i would still do the “softer, decent” tactical campaign ad for roxas just to be on the safe side. this is to make sure roxas’ brand image is not polarizing. a brand that is polarizing can go either way, depending on the stimulus that appears to ignite it.
view video of mar roxas “putang ina” incident: https://2010presidentiables.wordpress.com/2009/01/08/mar-roxas-senator-putang-ina-video-gallery/
posts on mar roxas’ “putang ina” : https://2010presidentiables.wordpress.com/2008/12/16/mar-roxas-questions-that-need-to-be-answered/