Home > 2010 philippine presidential election, gilbert teodoro, Kahindik-hindik, politics in the philippines, presidentiables, why gilbert teodoro will lose the election > gilbert teodoro interview on ondoy & pepeng floods shows teodoro’s incompetence and mismanagement of NDCC and government response to the floods
gilbert teodoro interview on ondoy & pepeng floods shows teodoro’s incompetence and mismanagement of NDCC and government response to the floods
with thanks to dodon who posted this video here: https://2010presidentiables.wordpress.com/2010/02/13/presidentiables-as-of-mid-november-2008/gilbert-teodoro-2/#comment-6798
- interviewer says the NDCC and the government has gone under criticism on its handling during and after the storms. teodoro answers they have done well given the resources the government had.
- asked about the 12 rubber boats, 8 ambulances and 2 helicopters which were nowhere near enough
- teodoro admits they are not enough but says its a question of who should provide them. he shifts the blame now on the local government, the national government, and which agency and no blame on the NDCC
- teodoro says it is only the armed forces of the philippines that was directly under him
- in separate news, we read that teodoro’s staff had recommended for the purchase of more rubber boats but teodoro delayed the purchase for budget and procurement process reasons. if the NDCC was not responsible for the purchase of rubber boats, why did his staff recommend that they buy them and why did he delay the purchase? teodoro has been caught in a lie.
- interviewer says – “you are blaming other government agencies” and says as a senior government official, he is passing the blame to others
- the country get 19 to 20 storms, why is this government not prepared for such disasters?
- you are skirting the issue. you have been getting storms for a hundred years, why are you not prepared for them?
- teodoro answers – systems cost money. in other words teodoro is saying they know there will be damage and will cost lives but since we do not have money, the people just need to bear and grin it.
- what then is the role of NDCC which teodoro headed? isn’t its mandate to prepare the people for disasters? since we are unprepared, it means the NDCC has failed in its mandate.
- the current set up has not worked. teodoro agrees to that, so the NDCC has failed in its mandate
this is part 1:
Categories: 2010 philippine presidential election, gilbert teodoro, Kahindik-hindik, politics in the philippines, presidentiables, why gilbert teodoro will lose the election 2010 philippine election, 2010 philippine presidential election, 2010 Presidentiables, gilbert teodoro, gilbert teodoro's incompetence, NDCC, ondoy and pepeng floods, philippine 2010 presidentiables, philippine presidentiables, philippine presidential election, presidentiables